jeudi 28 août 2008

Arcata

We went to Arcata with Maggie to see one of her niece : Jessie. We spent 3 great days there, it was plenty of fun !
Arcata is a city located on the coast in north California (about 5 hours driving from San Francisco). Humbold county (region around Arcata) is known for the biggest production of marijuana. There is a special atmosphere in this city : a lot of homeless people, there are so many dread locks, everyone with his joint, a beer, and a dog.Cool people. I think it’s definitely a style, nearly a fashion ! Freedom is in every mind. Seeing them makes me think that today is today, we don’t know about tomorrow, let’s live go with the flow…
Gay people seem to be numerous. A lot of diversity. Some people can unfortunately spend more than they earn to buy marijuana.
I’m glad I spent some days in this type of living and with lesbians. I like putting me in different atmospheres and discovering them.
- We’ve been to Fern Canyon : a valley with very beautiful “cliffs” of ferns that come to the Pacific ocean.
- Moonstone beach : long beach with big rocks. The fog makes it perfect for a movie backdrop !
- Humbold State University.

Aucun commentaire: